Click to see larger view

    Enter your email address below to subscribe to
    No Experience Required!

    powered by Bloglet

Sunday, December 12, 2004

How High Do Fireworks Go?

That question was answered this evening! I was sitting in the study in the apartment, which is on the 21st floor. I still had the shade up and was minding my own business, trying to get caught up on some reports for work, when all of a sudden there was this bright flash, a loud boom, followed by red fingers of light. Scared the crap out of me! Just about the time I got my heart out of my throat so that I could start breathing again, a second one went off, in green. Ever tried to leap up when you are sitting in a rolling chair on a slick wood floor when you have on socks & your legs are stretched out under the desk? Turns out that for some reason, someone was setting off fireworks right between the apartment buildings. The kind that they had went up about 210-feet, which is exactly to the height of the 21st floor. Seeing fireworks up that close and so personal was an interesting perspective, but I would really wish there would have been some kind of warning. Maybe one of those flyers that they stuffed through the slits in my mailbox gave warning, but since I don't read Chinese . . . oh, well. At least I know that the heart works, the adrenaline gland adrenalines, the wheels on the chair roll, gravity will pull the desk back down to the floor and the bruises on the thighs won't show at work.

Comments on "How High Do Fireworks Go?"

 

post a comment